- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Mary Ellen Scruggs, 101, of Mounds died Sunday, Dec. 25, 2005, at the Daystar Care Center in Cairo, Ill.
Scruggs was born Oct. 21, 1904, in Pulaski County, Ill., to George and Minnie Carlock Scruggs.
For 38 years she taught at the Mounds Grade School.
Scruggs was the oldest member of the First United Methodist Church at Mounds, the United Methodist Women and the Gleaners Sunday school class. She was also a member of the Mounds BP and W Club and Alpha Ki Honorary Teachers Society.
Friends may call from noon to 1 p.m. on Wednesday at the Barkett Funeral Home in Mounds.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. F. Jerry Herring officiating.
Burial will follow at Beechwood Cemetery in Mounds.