- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Delmar C. Mattingly, 79, of Perryville died Dec. 23, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
Mattingly was born March 5, 1926, to Fred and Lerene Nifong Mattingly in Perry County, Mo.
He married Beatrice Brewer, who died in 1975.
Mattingly served in the U.S. Army during World War II. He was a farmer, and retired from the Mississippi Lime Co.
He was a member of the Christ the Savior Catholic Church, American Legion Post 133, Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4282, Amvets, Ste. Genevieve Elks Lodge, Riverhills Eagles in Perryville and Third Degree Knight of Columbus.
Survivors include three sons, Stephen Mattingly of Fairfax Station, Va., Dennis Mattingly and Allen Mattingly both of Perryville; a daughter, Nina Mattingly of Perryville; six grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and three sisters, Rita Cissell of St. Louis, and Aileen Yeager and Melda Heck of Perryville.
He was preceded in death by his wife and parents.
Parish wake with the Knights of Columbus was held Monday, as was the VFW service.
Friends may call from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. today at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. The rosary will be at 9 a.m.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. today at Christ the Savior Catholic Church with the Rev. Felipe Martinez officiating.
Burial will be at Mount Hope Cemetery with military honors following the service.