- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
People on the move 12/27/05
Local IAAP members attend convention
Sixteen members of the Girardot Chapter of the International Association of Administrative Professionals attended the IAAP International Convention and Education Forum in Denver, Colo., in July. While in Denver, members attended seminars given by world-renowned speakers and met with administrative professionals from all over the world. The Girardot Chapter, which has 47 members, will celebrate its 60th anniversary on April 7.
Cape native named outstanding lawyer
Cape Girardeau native Morry S. Cole, of the St. Louis law firm Gray, Ritter & Graham, PC, was named the 2005 recipient of the St. Louis County Bar Association's Roy F. Essen Outstanding Young Lawyer Award. The annual award is given for excellence as a lawyer, distinguished service to the Bar and outstanding service to the community. Cole represents clients injured by defective products, medical errors and motor vehicle accidents. He is also an instrument-rated pilot and has litigated cases arising out of helicopter and airplane crashes. Earlier this year, Cole, 34, was named a 2005 recipient of The Missouri Bar Foundation's David J. Dixon Appellate Advocacy Award. The award recognizes outstanding achievement in appellate practice by young lawyers of The Missouri Bar.
J. Baer & Associates adds to accounting staff
Gail Kamp has joined J. Baer & Associates Certified Public Accountants. Kamp has more than 25 years' experience in public accounting. She specializes in income tax return preparation and planning, and financial statement preparation.
Television station gives community service award
KFVS12 has announced that Randy Ray has been awarded the 2005 Don Sherwood Award for Community Service. The award was presented by Mike Smythe, general manager for KFVS12, at the station's annual Christmas party. For several years Ray has been heavily involved with the United Way of Southeast Missouri, recently serving as the KFVS12 donation coordinator. He has also been active with the Salvation Army and the Special Olympics. The Sherwood Award is presented each year to the one KFVS12 employee that best exemplifies the spirit of community service.
Mary Kay star consultants honored at dinner
Cape Girardeau resident Jana Jateff, the future executive senior sales director with Mary Kay Cosmetics, recently honored her star performers at a dinner in Sikeston, Mo. Those being honored for quarterly sales were: Jateff, LaDonia Beggs of Jackson and Betsy Ferguson of Marquand, Mo.
-- From staff reports