- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Hawks win showdown with Braves
Kelly's Spencer Ayers scored 35 points to lead the Hawks in a 77-66 victory against Scott County Central on Monday night in the final game of the first round in the Southeast Missourian Christmas Tournament at the Show Me Center.
The Hawks, seeded No. 9, avenged a 75-66 loss to Scott County Central in the Oran Invitational during the first two weeks of the season.
The Braves (3-4) fell for the third time in four games since that tournament. They will play Oak Ridge in the consolation bracket, becoming the second team in the top eight to fall into the losers side of the bracket.
For Kelly (6-2), Jacob Glastetter added nine points and Dallas Tew scored eight.
The Hawks play top-seeded Charleston at 4:30 p.m. today in the quarterfinal round.
Pashard Owens led Scott County Central with 19 points. D.D. Gillespie added 13 points, Drew Thomas scored 11 and Caleb Johnson had nine.