- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Caroline Sue Brown, 57, of Jackson died Thursday, Dec. 22, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 29, 1947, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Hobert and Leona Mary Brugger Brown.
Miss Brown attended Immaculate Conception Grade School and was a graduate of Jackson High School. She attended Southeast Missouri State University, and received a master's degree in art therapy from the University of Louisville
She was a licensed professional counselor with the state of Missouri. She was a designer with Ralph Edwards Sportswear in Cape Girardeau, then was a counselor with Community Counseling Center from 1999 to 2003. She was a member of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church and St. Ann's Sodality, and the Arts Therapy Credentials Board.
Survivors include seven aunts, Edna Harris (Joel), Ruth Brugger, and Idell Dockins (Jerry), all of Jackson, Lillian Hahn of Cape Girardeau, Jesse Quade of Burfordville, Essie Abernathy of Bethalto, Ill., Orpha Marshall of Eureka, Mo.; and an uncle, Paul Brown (Betty) of Bethalto.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday. Parish prayers will be at 7:30.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with Monsignor Edward Eftink officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.