- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Redhawks safety Miller makes AD's Academic All-Star Team
Southeast Missouri State senior safety Mike Miller has been named to the Division I-AA Athletics Directors Association Academic All-Star Team.
Miller, a four-year contributor at Southeast, led the Redhawks in tackles this year with 88, including 5.5 tackles for losses. He also had one interception and blocked a kick.
Miller, majoring in business administration, has a 3.3 cumulative grade point average.
The 44 honorees on the eighth annual Academic All-Star Team were announced earlier this by the Division I-AA Athletics Directors Association. There are 102 nominees.
"We are proud of the young men who have earned this award," said Southeast athletic director Don Kaverman, the chair of the Division I-AA Athletic Directors Association Academic All-Star Team Selection Committee. "They represent the outstanding students-athletes found in Division I-AA football."
Each of the 102 nominees was required to have a minimum grade point average of 3.20 (on a 4.00 scale) in undergraduate study and have been a starter or key player with legitimate athletics credentials.