- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Police reports 12/24/05
The following items were released by the Cape Girardeau Police Department. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Torrence D. Mitchell, 29, of 2838 Independence St., Apt. 22, was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated, failure to yield to an emergency vehicle, failure to stop at a steady red light and no Missouri operator's license.
* Barbara R. Reese, 39, of 2419 Perryville Road, was arrested on a Stoddard County warrant for probation violation and on a Cape Girardeau County warrant for driving while suspended.
* A subject was taken into custody, pending filing of formal charges on assault and peace disturbance.
* Eric D. Vasser, 30, of Pulaski, Ill., was arrested on a Mississippi County warrant for failure to appear for possession of marijuana and speeding.
* Alia J. Shurn, 21, of 805 Ranney Ave., was arrested on a Sikeston, Mo., warrant for contempt of court for speeding, on a Cape Girardeau County warrant for failure to appear for theft and on a Scott County warrant for failure to appear for no financial responsibility.
* Jeremiah R. Twiggs, 22, of 1200 Cousin St., was arrested on a Jefferson City warrant for probation and parole violation and on a Cape Girardeau County warrant for failure to appear.
* Margaret M. Avery, 47, of 119 S. Benton St., was issued a summons for leash law violation.
* A 13-year-old boy was cited into juvenile court on suspicion of assault.
* A wallet was reported stolen at 2148 William St.
* A cell phone was reported stolen at 19 Water St.
* Wal-Mart, 3439 William Street, reported a printer cartridge, toys and candy stolen. Joyce A. Foster, 49, of Benton, Mo., was arrested in connection with the complaint.
* Cape Auto Pool, 1238 Meadowbrook Lane, reported license plates stolen.
* Wal-Mart, 3439 William St., reported Playstation games stolen. Logan K. Wilson, 17, of Caruthersville, Mo., was issued a summons in connection with the complaint.
* A purse was reported stolen at 735 N. Clark Ave.
* Rhodes 101, 1624 N. Kingshighway, reported gasoline stolen.
* The city of Cape Girardeau reported a brick wall damaged at 1157 S. West End Blvd.
* A window was reported broken. Tamela M. Strayhorn of Charleston, Mo., was arrested in connection with the complaint.
* A 43-year-old man was taken into protective custody.
* Interference with custody was reported.
Cape Girardeau County
The following items were released by the Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Department. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Ronald W. Boyd, 27, of Cape Girardeau, was arrested on a Perry County warrant for failure to obey orders on possession of drug paraphernalia.
* Casey C. Nicholas, 18, of Jackson was arrested on a Cape Girardeau County warrant for burglary and stealing.
* Christopher A. Messmer, 19, of Jackson was arrested on a Cape Girardeau County warrant for burglary and stealing.
* Brian T. Burke, 17, of Jackson was arrested on a Cape Girardeau County warrant for burglary and stealing.
* Viva J. Ozbun, 26, of Cape Girardeau was issued a summons for tresspassing and resisting arrest.