- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Carter ties career high with 51 points
MIAMI -- Vince Carter tied a career high with 51 points, 37 in the second half, and the New Jersey Nets extended their season-high winning streak to five games with a 95-88 victory over the Miami Heat on Friday night.
Carter had 19 points in the third, then 18 more in the fourth -- including 12 straight free throws to seal the win. Jason Kidd added 12 points for the Nets, who beat Miami for the first time in 11 meetings, including a four-game sweep in last season's playoffs.
Shaquille O'Neal had 24 points and 14 rebounds, and Dwyane Wade added 17 points -- on only 4-for-20 shooting -- for Miami, which hosts the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday in a much-anticipated Christmas matchup.