- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CASAs will deliver bikes to area children
Thanks to the community, Court Appointed Special Advocates will deliver bikes to the children they support this Christmas. CASAs are a group of volunteers who are appointed by a judge to represent the best interests of neglected and abused children when their cases go before a court.
In order to represent a child's best interests CASAs must spend time with the child and other individuals involved in their lives. Ultimately a trusting bond is formed between the child and the CASA.
Through donations made by the community, children will receive bikes delivered by their CASA volunteers this Christmas.