- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Sarah Jean Adams, 91, formerly of Portageville, Mo., died Tuesday, Dec. 20, 2005, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born July 2, 1914, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Leo R. and Lottie Ates Howard. She and Julius Jefferson "Doodle" Adams were married July 7, 1937, in Sikeston, Mo.
Adams grew up in the Burfordville area and was a 1932 graduate of Jackson High School. She graduated from the Cape Girardeau School of Beauty Culture in 1933, and moved to Portageville to work at Harris Beauty Shop. She later purchased the Central Beauty Shop and operated it out of her home more than 30 years.
She was a member of Portageville United Methodist Church and its United Methodist Women, taught Sunday school, and was the financial secretary several years. She moved to the Lutheran Home in 1999.
Survivors include three sons, Howard Adams of Poplar Bluff, Mo., Jerry Adams of Bishopville, S.C., John Adams of Glasgow, Ky.; a daughter, Julia Combs of Jackson; 10 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at DeLisle Funeral Home in Portageville from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at First United Methodist Church, with the Revs. Richard Combs and Sharon Howard officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.