- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Martha Elizabeth Hanning, 89, of Burfordville died Tuesday, Dec. 20, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 5, 1916, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Emory and Ida Wendel Hitt. She and Ruel Hanning were married Nov. 11, 1938, in Cape Girardeau. He preceded her in death Oct. 20, 1988.
Mrs. Hanning had worked at Superior Electric. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Church.
Survivors include a son and daughter-in-law, Larry and Sharon Hanning of Burfordville; four brothers, Joseph, Al and Harry Sullivan, all of Cape Girardeau, Windel Sullivan of Columbia, Mo.; and a sister, Lee Ida Mae Boos of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, a son, David Hanning, and a brother, William Sullivan.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today. A vigil service will be held at 7:45.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Vincent Church, with the Rev. Charles Prost officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson. Family members will serve as pallbearers.
Memorials may be made to The Gideons International.