- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Health briefs/calendar 12/22/05
Elks Mobile Dental Unit scheduled to visit Cape
For the 44th year, the Elks Mobile Dental Unit is scheduled to visit Cape Girardeau to provide free dental care to handicapped children, mentally retarded/developmentally disabled children and adults, and individuals in extreme financial distress who cannot otherwise get dental care. The self-contained unit will be at the Cape Girardeau Elks Lodge from Jan. 3 to Jan. 23, and will serve eligible individuals from Cape Girardeau and Scott counties. A dentist and dental assistant will provide X-rays, fillings, extractions, cleaning and other treatments to those who are referred by the office of Special Health Care Needs or a Regional Center for the Developmentally Disabled.
"Ask Your Doctor," 8 to 9 p.m., Cable Channel 5. Local health-care professionals discuss topics of interest and encourage viewers to call in questions at 334-3095. This week, Dr. Thomas Marsh, an occupational medicine specialist, will be the featured speaker.
Diabetes Basic Skills class, 1:15 to 4:30 p.m., Fitness Plus Conference room. Physician referral required. For information, call 331-5897.
American Red Cross blood drive, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Franciscan Conference Center at Saint Francis Medical Center.
-- From staff reports