- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Bert J. Pouyer, 90, of Perryville died Tuesday, Dec. 20, 2005, at Brewer, Mo., son of Albert Joseph and Matilda Layton Pouyer. He and Blanche Ellen Canter were married May 30, 1941. She died Dec. 20, 1960.
Pouyer had been a farmer. He was a member of Christ the Savior Catholic Church, Holy Name Society, and Knights of Columbus. He co-founded and served 23 years on the Brewer Water District Board.
Survivors include three sons, Joseph Pouyer of Rockport, Texas, Albert Pouyer of Newbern, Tenn., Tony Pouyer of St. Louis; four daughters, Fran Berkbigler of St. Louis, Margaret Hacker of Perryville, Tillie Mason of Lewiston, N.Y., Sue Dabadie of New Roads, La.; a sister, Ann Marie Stohr of St. Louis; 16 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Christ the Savior Church from 8 a.m. Thursday until time of service.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the church, with the Revs. John Gagnepain and Felipe Martinez officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.
Miller Family Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.