- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
John Lloyd Jr.
CUBA, Mo. -- John Barton Lloyd Jr., 81, of Cuba died Saturday, Dec. 17, 2005, at his home.
He was born April 10, 1924, in Greenbrier, Mo., son of John Barton and Nellie Virginia Dixon Lloyd Sr. He and Wanda Maxine Lloyd were married in St. Louis.
Lloyd worked at Steel Weld Equipment in St. Clair, Mo., 36 years, retiring as plant manager. He was an ordained minister with the Assembly of God Church 50 years.
He served in the U.S. Army Air Corps during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, John Lloyd III of Sullivan, Mo., Rodney Lloyd of the Florida Keys; two daughters, Betty Bouse of Bourbon, Mo., Rebecca Swope of Cuba; a brother, Roy Lloyd of Advance, Mo.; 16 grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at Calvary Assembly of God Church in Cuba. Burial will be in Kinder Cemetery with full military honors.
Britton Funeral Home in Cuba is in charge of arrangements.