- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Marjorie H. Lingle, 83, of Jonesboro died Monday, Dec. 19, 2005, at Union County Hospital in Anna, Ill.
She was born Aug. 3, 1922, in Jonesboro, daughter of Will and Stella Barron Lingle.
Lingle was a first grade teacher with Shawnee School District more than 30 years. She was a member of First Evangelical Presbyterian Church in Anna, and the Carbondale Chapter of American Guild of Organists.
Survivors include a cousin, Mary Brown of Carbondale.
Friends may call at Hileman Funeral Home from 10 a.m. until time of service Friday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at First Evangelical Church, with Randy Carstens officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.