- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Ruby A. Welter, 84, of Perryville died Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2005, at her home.
She was born Nov. 13, 1921, at Perryville, daughter of Theodore and Virgie Collins Weibrecht.
She and LeRoy Edward Welty were married May 13, 1942, and he died Nov. 18, 1998.
She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, VFW Auxiliary, and a perpetual member of the Miraculous Medal and the St. Joseph League.
Survivors include three sons, Merlin Welty Sr., Michael L. Welty, Dale F. Welty, all of Perryville; two daughters, Bonnie J. Heberlie of Crystal City, Mo., Sharon R. Boland of Perryville; three sisters, Clara Monier of Placerville, Calif., Myrtle Bollinger of Sedgewickville, Mo., June Blessing of Brewer, Mo.; seven grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. today at Young and Sons Funeral Chapel in Perryville. Catholic wake will be at 6 p.m. today, followed at 7:10 p.m. by a VFW Auxiliary wake. Visitation will continue from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Friday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating.
Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.