- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Violet Kennedy Bock, 87, of Advance died Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2005, at her home.
She was born April 18, 1918, in Perkins, Mo., daughter of Arthur and Mary Lawson Kennedy.
She married Leslie Noble on Oct. 8, 1938. in Bollinger County. He preceded her in death in December 1976. She later married Linus Bock April 27, 1987. He preceded her in death Nov. 13, 2001.
Bock attended Full Gospel Church in Advance.
Survivors include a son, Ronald Noble of Advance; a daughter, Joyce Bell of Protem, Mo.; a stepdaughter, Judy Nilsen of Greenbrier, Mo.; a sister, Shirley Ladd of Zalma, Mo.; nine grandchildren; three step-grandchildren; 27 great-grandchildren; three great-stepgrandchildren; and 13 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers, two sisters and a great-granddaughter.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Morgan Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. J.D. Smith officiating.
Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.