- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MIDDLETON, Calif. -- Evelyn Lorene Stroud Sanford, 88, of Middleton, formerly of Anna, Ill., died Saturday, June 28, 2003, at Sunflower Gardens Assisted Care Facility in Middleton.
She was born Oct. 30, 1913, at Hillsboro, Texas, daughter of Oscar and Mattie Beckham Stroud. She and Amos Sanford were married Nov. 13, 1945, at Fort Worth, Texas. He preceded her in death.
Sanford was a former president of the American Legion Auxiliary. She was a member of the Church of Christ in Dongola, Ill., and Anna, and the Church of Christ in Tavares, Texas.
Survivors include a daughter, Elise Richmond of Middleton; a stepson, Greg Lara of San Jose, Calif.; and two sisters, Opal Jones and Patsy Love, both of Belton, S.C.
She was preceded in death by her husband and two sisters.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday at Lutz & Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna. Funeral will be 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with John Shelton officiating. Burial will be in the Anna City Cemetery.