- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Gauthiers leaving behind a top-rate legacy
Those who participate in Salvation Army worship and programs in Cape Girardeau are undoubtedly sad that Maj. Bob Gauthier and Maj. Joyce Gauthier are leaving after eight years of service here.
Thousands of Cape Girardeau residents have come to know the Gauthiers because of the Salvation Army's outstanding service to the community. Bob Gauthier is going to a prison ministry and his wife to a position as women's ministry secretary at the Salvation Army's territorial headquarters in Chicago. Mike and Mary Thomas, who are moving from St. Louis, will be the new leaders in Cape Girardeau.
Given the good work of the Salvation Army, the new couple soon will have their own marvelous accomplishments to share.