- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)27
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)8
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Gauthiers leaving behind a top-rate legacy
Those who participate in Salvation Army worship and programs in Cape Girardeau are undoubtedly sad that Maj. Bob Gauthier and Maj. Joyce Gauthier are leaving after eight years of service here.
Thousands of Cape Girardeau residents have come to know the Gauthiers because of the Salvation Army's outstanding service to the community. Bob Gauthier is going to a prison ministry and his wife to a position as women's ministry secretary at the Salvation Army's territorial headquarters in Chicago. Mike and Mary Thomas, who are moving from St. Louis, will be the new leaders in Cape Girardeau.
Given the good work of the Salvation Army, the new couple soon will have their own marvelous accomplishments to share.