- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Pearl Cantrell, 83, of Advance died Sunday, Dec. 11, 2005, at Advance Nursing Center.
She was born July 10, 1922, at Walnut Ridge, Ark., daughter of Ed and Cora Rogers Jackson. She and Archie E. Cantrell were married Oct. 21, 1939, at Braggadocio, Mo. He died Sept. 9, 1995.
Cantrell was a charter member of Sturdivant General Baptist Church.
Survivors include two sons, Stan and Rodney Cantrell of Advance; a daughter, Shirley Clarkston of Advance; two brothers, Joseph Jackson of Portland, Ore., Delbert Jackson of Portersville, Calif.; two sisters, Margaret Jackson of California, Betty Jackson of Taylorville, Ill.; eight grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by five brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Keith Price and Dale Wiseman officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.