- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Rev. Carl Hanser
The Rev. Carl Hanser, 71, of Glen Carbon, Ill., formerly of Jackson, died Friday, Dec. 9, 2005, at Edgewood Manor Hospice in Westerville, Ohio.
He was born Jan. 13, 1934, in Edwardsville, Ill., son of Harry and Bernadine Huntman Hanser. He and Grace Thowe were married Nov. 7, 1959, in Alma, Kan.
Hanser was a 1951 graduate of Edwardsville High School, 1955 graduate of Millikin University in Decatur, Ill., and 1959 and 1974 graduate of Eden Theological Seminary in St. Louis.
He served as minister of United Church of Christ Churches in Arthur, Ill., Wentzville, Mo., Evansville, Ind., Gomer, Ohio, Wabash, Ind., and at Emanuel United Church of Christ in Jackson from 1974 to 1987. He retired in 1998.
Hanser was a member of St. Paul United Church of Christ in Edwardsville, Rotary Club in Jackson, Kiwanis in Wabash, and Interdenominational Ministerial Alliances in several communities.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Kirk Hanser of St. Louis, Kyle Hanser of Columbus, Ohio, Kent Hanser of Traer, Iowa; two sisters, Norma Klingenberg of New Athens, Ill., Dorothy Klueter of Edwardsville; and seven grandchildren.
Friends may call at Weber Funeral Home in Edwardsville from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at St. Paul United Church of Christ. Diane Grohmann will officiate. Burial will be in Valley View Cemetery in Edwardsville.