James couple marks 50th
Sunday, June 29, 2003
Mr. and Mrs. John L. James of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a reception June 15, 2003, in the Family Life Center at Centenary United Methodist Church.
More than 250 guests attended from Cape Girardeau, Scott City, Kelso, Gordonville, Jackson, Burfordville, Whitewater, Crestwood, Rolla, St. Charles, Jonesburg, and DeSoto, Mo., and Garland, Texas.
James and Georgia L. Mehrle were married June 14, 1953, at Christ Evangelical Church, by the late Rev. Arno Franke. Members of the wedding party attending were Don and Franklin James, Jo Ann Schwepker Hinkebein, Doris Robinson Snider, Wanda Robinson James, Dorothy Heise Seabaugh, and Margaret Mehrle Stroder.
The couple retired from Union Planters Bank (formerly First Federal), where both worked 32 years.