- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jennifer Damron and Scott Hopper were married April 26, 2003, at St. Paul Lutheran Church in DesPeres, Mo. The Rev. Jeremy Shultz performed the ceremony.
Gary and Lois Damron of Hannibal, Mo., are parents of the bride. The groom is the son of Don and Carolyn Hopper of Cape Girardeau.
The bride was presented in marriage by her parents.
Matron of honor was Becky Damron of Palmyra, Mo., sister-in-law of the bride. Maid of honor was Melissa Rohrer of Chicago. Bridesmaids were Mozow Yusof of Columbia, Mo., Susan Tatman of Palmyra, Nicci Hays of Monroe City, Mo., Erin Collins of Kansas City, Mo., and Cheryl Damron of Hannibal, sister-in-law of the bride.
Luke Dry of Jackson and Andy Dial of Midland, Texas, were best men. Groomsmen were Jeff Cox of Austin, Texas; Tim Hopper of Jackson and Chris Hopper of Cape Girardeau, brothers of the groom; David Damron of Hannibal and Kevin Damron of Palmyra, brothers of the bride. Ushers were Greg Hellwege of Cape Girardeau,. Eddie Valek of Midland, and Jeff Woytek of Houston, Texas.
Candlelighters were Dakota Damron, son of Kevin and Becky Damron, and David Damron, son of David and Cheryl Damron, nephews of the bride.
Flower girl was Dannica Damron, daughter of Kevin and Becky Damron and niece of the bride. She was escorted by Tyler Damron, son of David and Cheryl Damron and nephew of the bride. Ringbearer was Jared Damron, son of David and Cheryl Damron and nephew of the bride.
Greeters were Carrie Benson of Colorado Springs, Colo.; Jamie Leeser of San Diego, Calif.; and Brenda Hopper of Jackson, sister-in-law of the groom.
Following the ceremony, a dinner and dance was held at Sheraton Lakeside Chalet at Westport.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner at Patrick's at Westport.
Mrs. Hopper is a 1994 graduate of Palmyra High School, and received a bachelor of science degree in biological sciences from the University of Missouri-Rolla in 1998. She is employed by Accenture.
The groom is a 1993 graduate of Central High School, and received a bachelor of science degree in electrical engineering from the University of Missouri-Rolla in 1998. He is employed by Broadwing Communications.
After a wedding trip to St. Lucia, the couple is residing in St. Louis.