- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Evelyn Lorene Stroud Sanford, 88, of Middletown, Calif., died Saturday, June 28, 2003, at Sunflower Gardens Assisted Care Facility in Middletown.
She was born Oct. 30, 1913, in Hillsboro, Texas, daughter of Oscar and Mattie Beckham Stroud. She and Amos Sanford were married Nov. 13, 1945, in Fort Worth, Texas.
Sanford was a graduate from Hillsboro High School. She worked as a secretary at the Lone Star Gas Company in Dallas. She was a member of the Dongola, Ill., and Anna Churches of Christ.
Survivors include a daughter, Elise Richmond of Middletown, Calif.; a stepson, Greg Lara of San Jose, Calif.; two sisters, Opal S. Jones and Patsy Love, both of Belton, S.C.
She was preceded in death by her husband and two sisters.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Lutz & Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. at the funeral home, with the Rev. John Shelton officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.