- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jeffrey Wayne Shelton, 44, of Jackson died Friday, Dec. 9, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born March 4, 1961, in Fairfield, Ill., son of Loyd H. and Cheryl Shannon Shelton.
He was a retired Baptist minister.
He and Carol Dalman were married Oct. 18, 1980.
He was a graduate of Pinckneyville (Ill.) High School and Rend Lake College in Ina, Ill.
Survivors include his wife; his parents of Fairfield; two sons, Jonathan Shelton of Chaffee, Mo., Matthew Shelton of Jackson; a daughter, Rebecca Shelton of Jackson; a brother, Loyd Dale Shelton of Du Quoin, Ill.; and a sister, Rachel Roupp of Freeport, Ill.
Friends may call from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Monday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home.
Memorial service will be at 7:30 p.m. Monday at the funeral home.