- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
FARRAR, Mo. -- Wilma A. Kassel, 88, of Farrar died Sunday, Dec. 4, 2005, at Perry County Nursing Home in Perryville, Mo.
She was born Oct. 6, 1917, at Farrar, daughter of Conrad and Emma Schlimpert Roth. She and Wilhelm "William" Kassel were married May 9, 1937. He died Aug. 17, 1997.
Kassel was a member of Salem Lutheran Church.
Survivors include three sons, Erwin Kassel of Farrar, Melvin Kassel of St. Charles, Mo., Roy Kassel of Carpenter, S.D.; a daughter, Gladys Reid of Jackson; nine grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville from 6:30 to 8 a.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Salem Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Abernathy officiating. Burial will be in Salem Lutheran Cemetery.