- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Patty Ball, 51, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2005, at her home.
She was born Jan. 29, 1954, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Norman and Betty Bock Wood. She and Steve Ball were married Nov. 5, 1979, in Cheyenne, Wyo.
Ball attended Stephens College in Columbia, Mo., Briarcliff College in Sioux City, Iowa, and the University of Wyoming in Laramie. She received a degree in psychology.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Crystal Ball of Cape Girardeau; her parents of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Matt Wood of Asheville, N.C., Mark Wood of Thomasville, Ga.; and a sister, Cindy Lutes of Cape Girardeau.
A memorial service will be held at 3:30 p.m. Saturday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.