- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Four children, widow need holiday help
Ms. Doe has four children, ages 9, 4, 2 and 1. Trucks and cars appropriate for a 1-year-old or any clothes in 24 months or 2T would meet James' needs. Latisha and Destiny both like to play with dolls, and clothes for size 3-4 T and 5-6 would make Ms. Doe happy. Robert would like a soccer ball of his own to practice with, but he also needs a size 12 winter coat. He likes basketball (but does not own one) and Xbox games. Robert would particularly like Sonic the Hedgehog Xbox game this year.
Christmas for the Elderly
Ms. L, a widow who lives alone, gets by on a small Social Security check. This year she needs help to pay for a Lifeline that would alert medical personnel in the event of needing medical help. The Lifeline cost $250 per year. At 89, Ms. L walks with the aid of a walker, but she falls frequently.
Donations can be dropped off at the Southeast Missourian offices. Monetary donations can be mailed to P.O. Box 4, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63702-0004.