- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
Mariah Carey, Kanye West and John Legend lead Grammy field
NEW YORK -- Mariah Carey is back in a big way.
The singer was nominated for eight Grammy awards, including album of the year for "The Emancipation of Mimi" and song and record of the year for her torch ballad "We Belong Together."
"This year has been such a blessing," Carey said shortly after the nominations were announced. "This is prayers answered. I'm grateful for the nominations and I'm really grateful for the fact that people are responding to the music I've made."
Carey tied with John Legend and Kanye West.
Soul crooner Legend's nominations included best new artist, while West is up for album of the year for "Late Registration" and song of the year for "Gold Digger."
Other multiple nominees included U2, 50 Cent, Gwen Stefani, Bruce Springsteen and Stevie Wonder.
The Grammys will be handed out in Los Angeles on Feb. 8.