- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
BREWER, Mo. -- Juanita F. Martinez, 100, of Brewer died Thursday, June 26, 2003, at Perry Oaks Manor in Perryville, Mo.
She was born Aug. 4, 1902, in Madrid, Spain, daughter of Felipe Juan and Valentina Arias Fernandez. She and Juan B. Martinez were married June 10, 1927. He died Feb. 17, 1973.
Martinez retired as a Spanish teacher from Newcomb College in New Orleans. She had also been editor of LaRevista at Pan American Life Insurance Co. She was a member of Christ the Savior Catholic Church, Blessed Sacrament Sodality, and was a longtime member of Ladies of Charity in New Orleans.
Survivors include two daughters, Carmen Moore of Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif., Marisa Clark of Conway, Ark.; a son, the Rev. Felipe Martinez of Brewer; four grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister, a brother and two grandsons.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday. The wake will be at 7.
Funeral Mass will be at 9 a.m. Monday at Christ the Savior Church in Brewer, and another Mass will be held at noon Wednesday at Lakelawn Metairie in New Orleans. The Rev. Felipe Martinez will officiate. Burial will be in Lakelawn Metairie Cemetery in New Orleans.