- Teen shot outside apartment off Lorimier Street (05/20/16)41
- Clay Waller faces federal charge of interstate domestic violence in wife Jacque's murder (05/23/16)1
- Charleston man accused of fatally shooting Cape teen (05/22/16)27
- New restaurant, music venue to open in former Bel-Air building (05/23/16)4
- Instagram threat compels Perryville school district to hike security; 15-year-old detained (05/25/16)
- Body found Thursday at Ranney Park in Cape (05/20/16)12
- Body found near park identified as Cape resident (05/22/16)5
- Bollinger County deputies bust man on meth-for-sex sting (05/20/16)2
- Local business faces $42,000 in OSHA fines (05/25/16)2
- Mentally ill man's bout of violence leaves him with no place to go (05/23/16)8
BREWER, Mo. -- Juanita F. Martinez, 100, of Brewer died Thursday, June 26, 2003, at Perry Oaks Manor in Perryville, Mo.
She was born Aug. 4, 1902, in Madrid, Spain, daughter of Felipe Juan and Valentina Arias Fernandez. She and Juan B. Martinez were married June 10, 1927. He died Feb. 17, 1973.
Martinez retired as a Spanish teacher from Newcomb College in New Orleans. She had also been editor of LaRevista at Pan American Life Insurance Co. She was a member of Christ the Savior Catholic Church, Blessed Sacrament Sodality, and was a longtime member of Ladies of Charity in New Orleans.
Survivors include two daughters, Carmen Moore of Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif., Marisa Clark of Conway, Ark.; a son, the Rev. Felipe Martinez of Brewer; four grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister, a brother and two grandsons.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday. The wake will be at 7.
Funeral Mass will be at 9 a.m. Monday at Christ the Savior Church in Brewer, and another Mass will be held at noon Wednesday at Lakelawn Metairie in New Orleans. The Rev. Felipe Martinez will officiate. Burial will be in Lakelawn Metairie Cemetery in New Orleans.