- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Willie Mae Burnett, 76, of Cairo died Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at the home of a great-nephew, Glenn Childress, with whom she resided.
Burnett was born Oct. 4, 1926, in the state of Mississippi, daughter of Essie Anna Sneed.
She resided in St. Louis many years.
Survivors include two nieces, Dorothy Eastman of Chicago and Mollie Hayes of Osceola, Ark.
She was preceded in death by two children, two sisters and a brother.
Friends may call at Massie Funeral Home in Cairo from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today.
Graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Monday at Greenlawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge, Ill. The Rev. Phillip Mathews will officiate.