- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Religion calendar 6/28/03
Youth car wash at 9 a.m. at First Baptist Church to raise money for summer camp.
Pasta and praise at 6:30 p.m. at St. Mary's Cathedral. The event includes a meal and contemporary worship led by the youth group "In the Light." The event will be held in the school gym and is a fund-raising effort for the youth. Donations of $10 will help pay for the meal.
Patriotic cantata "Welcome Home" at 10:30 a.m. at Shawnee Hills Baptist Church in Jackson. The service will recognize military personnel, both active duty and retired.
Freedom Celebration at 10:40 a.m. at Red Star Baptist Church. The service includes special music and a Power Point presentation.
Sesquicentennial anniversary at 9 a.m. at Immanuel Lutheran Church in New Wells. Guest speaker is the Rev. Ed Keinath, a former pastor. The theme for the yearlong anniversary observance is "In service to the Lord." Following the worship service, there will be a potluck lunch in the church hall and a display of historical items and open house in the old school building.
First Baptist Church in Jackson will hold church in the park from 3 to 8 p.m. There will be games, activities and swimming; a potluck meal at the city park's pavilion No. 5 and worship in the band shell at 6:30 p.m.
Zion United Methodist Church will hold a "circuit rider" celebration. A carry-in dinner will follow the 10:30 a.m. worship with Cleo Kottwitz portraying a circuit rider in costume.
First Tuesday Noon Worship and prayer service from noon to 1 p.m. at VFW Post 3838 in Cape Girardeau.