- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Robert (Bob) Armour, 70, of Cape Girardeau and formerly of Naylor, Mo., died Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
Mr. Armour was born Sept. 26, 1932. He was retired as a chief for the Federal Aviation Administration in Cape Girardeau. He was a member of the Naylor Christian Church and Mt. Auburn Christian Church, where he was a deacon. On Jan. 28, 1956, he married Joyce Fowler in St. Louis. She preceded him in death Aug. 17, 1986.
Survivors include two sons, Jeff Armour and Joe Armour, both of West Memphis, Ark.; two daughters, Debbie Vangilder of Pocahontas and Teresa Welch of Jackson; one sister, Eileen Nall of Polar Bluff, Mo.; two brothers, J.C. Armour of Doniphan, Mo., and Wayne Armour of Naylor; nine grandchildren, Erica, Chris, Ryan, Derek, Ashley, Jenny, Jessie, Blake and Brit; and a special friend, Sheila Frala of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by two sisters, Bernice Moutrie and Marie Wise; and his parents, Joe and Iva Armour.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Fowler-Sullivan Memorial Chapel in Neelyville, Mo.
The funeral service will begin at 10 a.m. Saturday in the funeral home chapel with the Rev. Steve McFadden officiating. Burial will be in Naylor Masonic Cemetery in Naylor.