- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Stephen King Sr.
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Stephen J. King Sr., 46, of Perryville died Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
He was born Sept. 19, 1956, at Ironton, Mo., son of Walter M. and Deslie M. Genthon King. He and Kathy Edmond were married June 24, 1989, at Fredericktown, Mo.
King was a law enforcement officer 20 years, including with Perryville Police Department.
He served in the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Matthew King of Perryville, Michael Pirtle of Utah; two daughters, Jillian Roberts and Whitney King of Fredericktown; two sisters, Audrey Krokis and Janet Ward of Fredericktown; three brothers, Johnny King of Mexico, Mo., Bill King of Iowa, Kan., Ray King of Fredericktown; and a grandson.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a son.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. today, and Saturday after 6:30 a.m.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Randy Sawyer officiating. Burial will be in Whitewater Christian Cemetery in Perry County, with graveside military honors by American Legion Post 133.