- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Stephen King Sr.
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Stephen J. King Sr., 46, of Perryville died Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
He was born Sept. 19, 1956, at Ironton, Mo., son of Walter M. and Deslie M. Genthon King. He and Kathy Edmond were married June 24, 1989, at Fredericktown, Mo.
King was a law enforcement officer 20 years, including with Perryville Police Department.
He served in the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Matthew King of Perryville, Michael Pirtle of Utah; two daughters, Jillian Roberts and Whitney King of Fredericktown; two sisters, Audrey Krokis and Janet Ward of Fredericktown; three brothers, Johnny King of Mexico, Mo., Bill King of Iowa, Kan., Ray King of Fredericktown; and a grandson.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a son.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. today, and Saturday after 6:30 a.m.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Randy Sawyer officiating. Burial will be in Whitewater Christian Cemetery in Perry County, with graveside military honors by American Legion Post 133.