- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Stephen King Sr.
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Stephen J. King Sr., 46, of Perryville died Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
He was born Sept. 19, 1956, at Ironton, Mo., son of Walter M. and Deslie M. Genthon King. He and Kathy Edmond were married June 24, 1989, at Fredericktown, Mo.
King was a law enforcement officer 20 years, including with Perryville Police Department.
He served in the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Matthew King of Perryville, Michael Pirtle of Utah; two daughters, Jillian Roberts and Whitney King of Fredericktown; two sisters, Audrey Krokis and Janet Ward of Fredericktown; three brothers, Johnny King of Mexico, Mo., Bill King of Iowa, Kan., Ray King of Fredericktown; and a grandson.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a son.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. today, and Saturday after 6:30 a.m.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Randy Sawyer officiating. Burial will be in Whitewater Christian Cemetery in Perry County, with graveside military honors by American Legion Post 133.