- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)6
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Marion Lee "Slim" Nothdurft, 86, of Jackson died Thursday, June 26, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Jan. 19, 1917, in Jackson, son of Simon and Jessie Limbaugh Nothdurft. He and Ina Ramsey Lewis were married April 16, 1971.
Nothdurft worked at a small munitions plant in St. Louis during World War II, was a self-employed plasterer several years, and worked for Drury Construction 13 years, retiring in 1983.
He was a longtime member of the Masonic Lodge, and member of the Elks Lodge and Carpenters Local Union.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Mike Nothdurft of Plano, Texas, Dave Nothdurft of Everton, Mo., Russ Nothdurft of Hazelwood, Mo.; a daughter, Jo Marian Pollack of Houston, Texas; a stepdaughter, Sharon Steinbach of Viera, Fla.; a brother, Milton Nothdurft of Jackson; 11 grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday. Burial will follow at Cape County Memorial Park, with members of Excelsior Lodge 441 officiating.