- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Marion Lee "Slim" Nothdurft, 86, of Jackson died Thursday, June 26, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Jan. 19, 1917, in Jackson, son of Simon and Jessie Limbaugh Nothdurft. He and Ina Ramsey Lewis were married April 16, 1971.
Nothdurft worked at a small munitions plant in St. Louis during World War II, was a self-employed plasterer several years, and worked for Drury Construction 13 years, retiring in 1983.
He was a longtime member of the Masonic Lodge, and member of the Elks Lodge and Carpenters Local Union.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Mike Nothdurft of Plano, Texas, Dave Nothdurft of Everton, Mo., Russ Nothdurft of Hazelwood, Mo.; a daughter, Jo Marian Pollack of Houston, Texas; a stepdaughter, Sharon Steinbach of Viera, Fla.; a brother, Milton Nothdurft of Jackson; 11 grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday. Burial will follow at Cape County Memorial Park, with members of Excelsior Lodge 441 officiating.