- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)12
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)9
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
Marion Lee "Slim" Nothdurft, 86, of Jackson died Thursday, June 26, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Jan. 19, 1917, in Jackson, son of Simon and Jessie Limbaugh Nothdurft. He and Ina Ramsey Lewis were married April 16, 1971.
Nothdurft worked at a small munitions plant in St. Louis during World War II, was a self-employed plasterer several years, and worked for Drury Construction 13 years, retiring in 1983.
He was a longtime member of the Masonic Lodge, and member of the Elks Lodge and Carpenters Local Union.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Mike Nothdurft of Plano, Texas, Dave Nothdurft of Everton, Mo., Russ Nothdurft of Hazelwood, Mo.; a daughter, Jo Marian Pollack of Houston, Texas; a stepdaughter, Sharon Steinbach of Viera, Fla.; a brother, Milton Nothdurft of Jackson; 11 grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday. Burial will follow at Cape County Memorial Park, with members of Excelsior Lodge 441 officiating.