- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Clemens I. Meyer, 81, of Perryville died Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2005, at Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Nov. 30, 1923, at Apple Creek, Mo., son of Louis and Anna Meyer. He and Marie I. Kohlfeld were married Sept. 21, 1950. She died Jan. 6, 1982.
Meyer was a retired farmer. He was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church at Apple Creek, 3rd Degree member of Knights of Columbus, member of VFW Post 4282, American Legion Post 133, Eagles Aerie 4034, Elks Lodge 2701, and Amvets Post 94.
He was a U.S. Navy veteran of World War II.
Survivors include a son, Dan Meyer of Perryville; a brother, Tommy Meyer of St. Louis; two sisters, Edna Buchheit of Apple Creek, Alma Berkbigler of St. Louis; two grandchildren; and a great-grandson.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. today, and Friday from 6:30 to 9:20 a.m. Amvets wake will be at 6:30 p.m. today, with the parish and Knights of Columbus wake at 7.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Joseph Church, with the Rev. Tony Dattilo officiating. Burial will be in St. Michael's Cemetery at Apple Creek with military rites by VFW Post 4282.