- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
VILLA RIDGE, Ill. -- Roberta A. Kerr Roy, 50, of Ruma, Ill., formerly of Villa Ridge, died Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2005, at home.
Roberta "Birdie" was born July 28, 1955, in Cairo, Ill., daughter of Edna Kerr of Villa Ridge and the late Joseph Kerr. She married Robert "Bob" Roy July 10, 1973, at Villa Ridge Union Church in Villa Ridge.
Birdie was a devoted wife and mother, and a member of St. Patrick's Parish in Ruma.
She is survived by her husband, Bob; a son, Bryan (Michelle) Roy; a daughter, April (Jim) Krejci; her mother; three sisters, Carol (Kenny) Caudle, Bonita (Mike) Hancock, Melba Kerr; three brothers, Nolan (Jerri) Kerr, Jeffery Kerr, Joe (Johanna) Kerr; a sister-in-law, JoEllen Reichert; a special friend, Kimberly Kaufman; and numerous family and friends.
She was preceded in death by her father, Joseph, and a brother, Leslie.
Funeral Mass was conducted Saturday, Oct. 29, at the Ruma Convent Chapel.
A Mass will be dedicated to Birdie at 6 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 3, at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Mound City, Ill. Monsignor Bill McGhee will officiate. The family will be in attendance.
Memorials may be made to the Cancer Fund of America, PMB 161, 869 E. Schaumburg, Schaumburg, Ill., 60194, or to St. Mary's Catholic Church in Mound City, or to the charity of your choice.
Announcement courtesy of Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge.