- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Thanks for honoring veterans
To the editor:
I want to thank you for the wonderful article which appeared in your paper Nov. 12 regarding Veterans Day activities. It had special meaning to me this year as a veteran currently deployed in Iraq. It is heartwarming to know that the effort of the military is still recognized by so many.
It is the efforts of those fallen soldiers, sailors and Marines that we must never forget for the precious freedoms that we all enjoy. The families of those who serve and have served duly should be recognized as well.
I want to thank the area schools for taking the time to make the special recognition. Having attended the ceremony in Jackson in the past, I know how the community supports all those who have served and continue to serve. It is indeed an honor to keep all service members in our thoughts and prayers.
Maj. STEVEN D. SKELTON, Serving in Iraq