- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)3
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
Thanks for honoring veterans
To the editor:
I want to thank you for the wonderful article which appeared in your paper Nov. 12 regarding Veterans Day activities. It had special meaning to me this year as a veteran currently deployed in Iraq. It is heartwarming to know that the effort of the military is still recognized by so many.
It is the efforts of those fallen soldiers, sailors and Marines that we must never forget for the precious freedoms that we all enjoy. The families of those who serve and have served duly should be recognized as well.
I want to thank the area schools for taking the time to make the special recognition. Having attended the ceremony in Jackson in the past, I know how the community supports all those who have served and continue to serve. It is indeed an honor to keep all service members in our thoughts and prayers.
Maj. STEVEN D. SKELTON, Serving in Iraq