- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- 'All Nite Skate' filming in Jackson this weekend (6/8/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Thanks for honoring veterans
To the editor:
I want to thank you for the wonderful article which appeared in your paper Nov. 12 regarding Veterans Day activities. It had special meaning to me this year as a veteran currently deployed in Iraq. It is heartwarming to know that the effort of the military is still recognized by so many.
It is the efforts of those fallen soldiers, sailors and Marines that we must never forget for the precious freedoms that we all enjoy. The families of those who serve and have served duly should be recognized as well.
I want to thank the area schools for taking the time to make the special recognition. Having attended the ceremony in Jackson in the past, I know how the community supports all those who have served and continue to serve. It is indeed an honor to keep all service members in our thoughts and prayers.
Maj. STEVEN D. SKELTON, Serving in Iraq