- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
Thanks for honoring veterans
To the editor:
I want to thank you for the wonderful article which appeared in your paper Nov. 12 regarding Veterans Day activities. It had special meaning to me this year as a veteran currently deployed in Iraq. It is heartwarming to know that the effort of the military is still recognized by so many.
It is the efforts of those fallen soldiers, sailors and Marines that we must never forget for the precious freedoms that we all enjoy. The families of those who serve and have served duly should be recognized as well.
I want to thank the area schools for taking the time to make the special recognition. Having attended the ceremony in Jackson in the past, I know how the community supports all those who have served and continue to serve. It is indeed an honor to keep all service members in our thoughts and prayers.
Maj. STEVEN D. SKELTON, Serving in Iraq