- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Edward Jacob Golden, 69, of Florissant, Mo., died Thursday, June 19, 2003, at his home, after a six-year battle with cancer.
He was born Aug. 11, 1933, son of John and Clara Ozenkoski Golden. He and Kathleen Theisman were married June 23, 1956. He later married Lorene Musy Hayes July 1, 1976.
Mr. Golden served three years in the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
He retired from Union Electric in St. Louis after 30 years of service. He was a member of Alton Eagles Aerie 452.
Survivors include his first wife, Kathleen Theisman Golden of St. Louis. A son and daughter-in-law, Brian and Teresa Dicus Golden, and their children, Jennifer and William Golden, all of Cape Girardeau. A daughter and son-in-law, Theresa Golden Bourland Kostanjsek and Velko Kostanjsek; her children, Dameon, James and Dana Bourland; Theresa's grandson, Christian Cory; and Velko's children, Vedrana and Bianca Kostanjsek, all of Pocahontas, Ill.
Also surviving is another son, Shawn Golden and his friend, Kathie Warnack; Shawn's stepsons, Bryan, Brandon and Stuart Willman; and Stuart's son, Isaiah, all of St. Ann, Mo. A daughter and son-in-law, Regina Golden Meyer and Kevin Meyer, and their children, Abby, Justin and Jacob Meyer, of Grafton, Ill.
Other survivors are his second wife, Lorene Musy Hayes Golden of Florissant; her children, Danny, Debra and Dennis Hayes; Danny's son, Matthew; Debra's son, Jason; Dennis' son, Arin; and Jason's children, Savannah and Gavin Hayes, all of Florissant.
Surviving also are three sisters, Dolores Golden Eberle, Shirley Golden Edwards and Carol Golden Gilley; two sisters-in-law, Connie Golden and Sister Mary Alma Musy; two brothers-in-law, Carl Robert Edwards and Tom Gilley, all of St. Louis. Others include nieces, nephews and friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a brother, John Golden; a son, David Andrew Golden; two daughters, Paula Francis and Mary Elaine Golden; a daughter-in-law, Stacey Willman Golden; and a brother-in-law, George Eberle.
Mr. Golden is loved and missed by all who knew him.
Visitation was held Friday, June 20, at Stygar Florissant Chapel.
Funeral Mass was held Saturday, June 21, at St. Angela Merici Church. Burial was in Mt. Lebanon Cemetery.
It is requested by the family that memorials be made to the National Cancer Institute, Building 31, Room 11A16, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, Md. 20892.