- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
TAMMS, Ill. -- Milford Dunning, 94, of Tamms died Monday, Nov. 21, 2005, at his home.
He was born Aug. 19, 1911, at Tamms, son of Frank and Lena Gossett Dunning. He married Georgia Coleman, who preceded him in death Oct. 15, 1998.
Mr. Dunning retired as an engineer with GMO Railroad. He was a member of First Baptist Church in Tamms, Senior Citizens Smiles One Center in Mounds, Ill., and Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers.
Survivors include two sons and a daughter-in-law, Bill and Mildred Dunning of Union City, Tenn., Gary Dunning of Dukedom, Tenn.; a daughter and son-in-law, Karen and David Brown of Tamms; two brothers, Paul "Pete" Dunning of Tamms, Tom Dunning of Franklin, Tenn.; two sisters, Mary Dailey of Chevy Chase, Md., Erma Lee Jones of Franklin; seven grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; several nieces; and nephews.
He was preceded in death by a sister and three half sisters.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Allen "Pete" Vinson officiating. Interment will be in St. John's Cemetery west of Dongola, Ill.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of memorials to Hospice of Southern Illinois, 1110 N. Johnson St., Marion, Ill., 62959.