- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
TAMMS, Ill. -- Milford Dunning, 94, of Tamms died Monday, Nov. 21, 2005, at his home.
He was born Aug. 19, 1911, at Tamms, son of Frank and Lena Gossett Dunning. He married Georgia Coleman, who preceded him in death Oct. 15, 1998.
Mr. Dunning retired as an engineer with GMO Railroad. He was a member of First Baptist Church in Tamms, Senior Citizens Smiles One Center in Mounds, Ill., and Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers.
Survivors include two sons and a daughter-in-law, Bill and Mildred Dunning of Union City, Tenn., Gary Dunning of Dukedom, Tenn.; a daughter and son-in-law, Karen and David Brown of Tamms; two brothers, Paul "Pete" Dunning of Tamms, Tom Dunning of Franklin, Tenn.; two sisters, Mary Dailey of Chevy Chase, Md., Erma Lee Jones of Franklin; seven grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; several nieces; and nephews.
He was preceded in death by a sister and three half sisters.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Allen "Pete" Vinson officiating. Interment will be in St. John's Cemetery west of Dongola, Ill.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of memorials to Hospice of Southern Illinois, 1110 N. Johnson St., Marion, Ill., 62959.