- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)19
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jean Seay, 82, of Cape Girardeau died at Ratliff Care Center Nov. 16, 2005, on the anniversary of the death of her husband, John Gray Seay Sr., who died Nov. 16, 1999. She and Mr. Seay were married Oct. 17, 1942, in Clayton, Mo. She was born Jan. 16, 1923, in St. Louis, the only child of Frank and Florence Snadden Ruehl.
Mrs. Seay completed one year of education at Washington University and two years at Rubicon Business College.
She was a loving daughter, mother, wife and grandmother, and had been a homemaker throughout her life.
She was a lover of animals, especially Labrador retrievers.
Mrs. Seay had worked as a legal secretary, piano teacher, Avon representative and at Port Cape Girardeau.
She was a member of Grace United Methodist Church.
Mrs. Seay volunteered as a Girl Scout leader and with the American Cancer Society and other fund-raising organizations. She was a member of NARFE-National Association Retired Federal Employees, VFW Ladies Auxiliary and a founding member of the Cape Senior Center. In addition, she was active as a Silver-Haired Legislator.
Survivors include two daughters, Mary Jane (Gary) Freymuth of Troy, Mo., and Mindy Elizabeth Hamlett of Cape Girardeau.
Other survivors are eight grandchildren, Michael and Matthew Seay, Elizabeth Barr, Amy Crumpecker and Sarah Estes, Daisy Ziegemeier, Bill and Stephanie Freymuth; seven great-grandchildren, John Gray Seay III, Megan Seay, Abigail Seay, Madeline Elaine Barr, Anna Louise Barr, Aiden Seay and Austin Ziegemeier.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by her parents and a son, John Gray Seay Jr., who died Dec. 18, 2000.
Friends may call Saturday, Nov. 26, 2005, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Ford and Sons Funeral Home. Memorial service will be Saturday at 11 a.m. at the funeral home, with the Rev. Scott Moon officiating.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials to John Seay Memorial Scholarship, Southeast Missouri Foundation, One University Plaza, MS 7300, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701; phone (573) 651-5935.