- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
No support for veterans' parade
To the editor:
On Nov. 12, my friend and I went to see the Veterans Day parade that was to come up Broadway in Cape Girardeau. There was an anticipation of seeing the veterans proudly marching. The veterans were there. Where was the public support?
It was a beautiful day. Do not blame the lack of support on the weather. There were no politicians. Shame on them. There were no marching bands. The schools and Southeast Missouri State University should have provided at least one marching band each. Shame on them.
The parade was to honor veterans of all wars. It is amazing how the public forgets so quickly. There were more veterans in the parade than spectators.
Shame on Cape Girardeau.
JOHN R. HECKROTTE, Cape Girardeau