- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)12
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
No support for veterans' parade
To the editor:
On Nov. 12, my friend and I went to see the Veterans Day parade that was to come up Broadway in Cape Girardeau. There was an anticipation of seeing the veterans proudly marching. The veterans were there. Where was the public support?
It was a beautiful day. Do not blame the lack of support on the weather. There were no politicians. Shame on them. There were no marching bands. The schools and Southeast Missouri State University should have provided at least one marching band each. Shame on them.
The parade was to honor veterans of all wars. It is amazing how the public forgets so quickly. There were more veterans in the parade than spectators.
Shame on Cape Girardeau.
JOHN R. HECKROTTE, Cape Girardeau