- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police: Men chase woman, fire shots, apologize for mistaken ID when mom arrives (06/17/16)14
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)15
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
- Freshman from Southeast Missouri ropes in state title (06/16/16)
Bond supports veterans' issues
To the editor;
I -- like my acquaintance of many years, Roger Hays -- had the privilege of serving our great nation as a U.S. Marine during the Vietnam War. But that's where our commonality ends. Once again, Roger has his facts wrong. The truth is the American veteran has no better friend in the U.S. Senate than Kit Bond. Senator Bond's record of sponsoring bills supporting Veterans speaks volumes.
RONALD ACORD, Advance, Mo.