- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)9
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)81
- Ragsdale to replace Farrow as principal at Franklin Elementary (3/29/17)5
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Suspended Southeast student pleads guilty to firearm charge from fatal Carbondale shooting (3/28/17)1
- Wide array of candidates run for Cape school board (3/27/17)7
Bond supports veterans' issues
To the editor;
I -- like my acquaintance of many years, Roger Hays -- had the privilege of serving our great nation as a U.S. Marine during the Vietnam War. But that's where our commonality ends. Once again, Roger has his facts wrong. The truth is the American veteran has no better friend in the U.S. Senate than Kit Bond. Senator Bond's record of sponsoring bills supporting Veterans speaks volumes.
RONALD ACORD, Advance, Mo.