- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Bond supports veterans' issues
To the editor;
I -- like my acquaintance of many years, Roger Hays -- had the privilege of serving our great nation as a U.S. Marine during the Vietnam War. But that's where our commonality ends. Once again, Roger has his facts wrong. The truth is the American veteran has no better friend in the U.S. Senate than Kit Bond. Senator Bond's record of sponsoring bills supporting Veterans speaks volumes.
RONALD ACORD, Advance, Mo.