- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Bond supports veterans' issues
To the editor;
I -- like my acquaintance of many years, Roger Hays -- had the privilege of serving our great nation as a U.S. Marine during the Vietnam War. But that's where our commonality ends. Once again, Roger has his facts wrong. The truth is the American veteran has no better friend in the U.S. Senate than Kit Bond. Senator Bond's record of sponsoring bills supporting Veterans speaks volumes.
RONALD ACORD, Advance, Mo.