- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Crisp, clean, cozy
Cape Girardeau ranch home offers fireplace, spa tub and large backyard
Neatly trimmed shrubs line the front of this ranch-style, multi-colored tan brick home with dark green shutters. A short walk down the road leads to the start of the Cape LaCroix recreation trail.
The white front door opens to small foyer that leads to the white walls and carpet of the living room with a lighted ceiling fan hanging from a cathedral ceiling. The living room, at the center of the house, provides direct access to the kitchen, basement, dining room and bedrooms.
A natural gas fireplace with an oak mantel is the centerpiece along the back wall of the living room.
To the right of the fireplace, a door opens to a large wooden deck with rows of trees along the back yard, providing shade and privacy. It has the feel of country life inside city limits.
Off one side of the living room is a wide entrance to the chandelier-lit dining room with white carpet and matching walls.
From the dining room, a hallway provides access to the two-car garage and a brightly lit kitchen. The white ceramic hallway doubles as a laundry room, with an inset space for a washer and dryer.
Light oak cabinets and a pantry line the walls of the kitchen, which has a built in white microwave, stove, dishwasher and refrigerator. The white counter tops spread out on either side of the double stainless steel sink creating a peninsula, which can be used as a bar.
Enough space in the kitchen provides for a table to be placed in front of a bay window overlooking the backyard.
Off the left side of the living room is a hallway which leads to the coffert ceiling master bedroom. Tall windows stretch from the ceiling to the floor, providing natural light in the room.
A spacious tan-colored tile bathroom and walk-in closet are adjacent to the master bedroom. Sitting side-by-side is a shower and Jacuzzi-style bathtub, with a window above it looking out at the many trees surrounding the house. Across from the bathtub is an oak cabinet vanity, with a white countertop and two-sided sink. Four make-up lights above the mirror illuminate the bathroom.
At the other end of the hallway, two secondary bedrooms have large closets and picture windows looking out to the front of the home.
A white-tiled bathroom, with a full shower and toilet, sits next to the bedrooms.
At the front of the living room, a staircase leads down to a two-thirds finished basement. Nine foot high ceilings and several windows adorn the white walls and create the feeling of a cozy family room.
There is a walk-out patio off the back of the basement. At one end of the space is an additional bedroom and large white tiled bathroom, with a shower and toilet, which can be used for guests or an older child.
The remainder of the basement contains a large area of clean storage space with potential for finishing.
This is a one-owner, two-year-old home, which has never had pets or smoking in it. It is in the Alma Schrader School District.