- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Wayne "Doc" Manus, 84, of Anna died Thursday, Nov. 17, 2005, at Western Baptist Hospital in Paducah, Ky.
He was born July 24, 1921, at Lick Creek, Ill., son of George Henry and Mary Etta Gurley Manus. He and Elva Mae Davis were married July 5, 1940, in Jackson.
Manus was a livestock dealer most of his life. He worked at Goddard's Feed Store many years, and later with Texas Eastern Corp. He served on the Union County Board of Commissioners from 1986 to 1994, and was a former member of Lick Creek School Board.
He was a member of Union Masonic Lodge 627 AF&AM at Lick Creek, Anna Masonic Lodge 520 AF&AM and Order of Eastern Star in Anna.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Linda Stearns of Lick Creek, Jo Cunningham of Buncombe, Ill.; four sisters, Virginia Lence of Lick Creek, Mellie Karraker of Anna, Nellie Childers of Goreville, Ill., Emma Williams of Grand Chain, Ill.; three grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna after 5 p.m. Saturday. A Masonic service will be held at 7.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kenneth Mixen officiating. Burial will be in Ebenezer Hall Cemetery at Lick Creek.