- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
Explain lack of salute to veterans
To the editor:
Shame on the Cape Girardeau School District for neglecting Veterans Day. I think it was in your pages that I saw the high school was not going to hold its program. At the very least the superintendent of schools should explain why this was placed on the back burner.
Whether or not you agree with the latest conflicts we are in, I think most agree it is important to remember those who served and gave their lives to keep this country free.
I would be interested to know why Central High School did not celebrate Veterans Day. When our children were school age, I recall the fine ceremonies they put on, with both the band and choirs performing. I hope the superintendent will take the time to explain this omission.
MICHAEL H. MAGUIRE, Cape Girardeau