- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)4
Explain lack of salute to veterans
To the editor:
Shame on the Cape Girardeau School District for neglecting Veterans Day. I think it was in your pages that I saw the high school was not going to hold its program. At the very least the superintendent of schools should explain why this was placed on the back burner.
Whether or not you agree with the latest conflicts we are in, I think most agree it is important to remember those who served and gave their lives to keep this country free.
I would be interested to know why Central High School did not celebrate Veterans Day. When our children were school age, I recall the fine ceremonies they put on, with both the band and choirs performing. I hope the superintendent will take the time to explain this omission.
MICHAEL H. MAGUIRE, Cape Girardeau