- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Police: Nurse assistant stole ring from patient's finger (10/27/16)10
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)10
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Cape teacher resigns after accusation of assaulting student at football game (10/26/16)11
Explain lack of salute to veterans
To the editor:
Shame on the Cape Girardeau School District for neglecting Veterans Day. I think it was in your pages that I saw the high school was not going to hold its program. At the very least the superintendent of schools should explain why this was placed on the back burner.
Whether or not you agree with the latest conflicts we are in, I think most agree it is important to remember those who served and gave their lives to keep this country free.
I would be interested to know why Central High School did not celebrate Veterans Day. When our children were school age, I recall the fine ceremonies they put on, with both the band and choirs performing. I hope the superintendent will take the time to explain this omission.
MICHAEL H. MAGUIRE, Cape Girardeau