- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)3
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)6
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Explain lack of salute to veterans
To the editor:
Shame on the Cape Girardeau School District for neglecting Veterans Day. I think it was in your pages that I saw the high school was not going to hold its program. At the very least the superintendent of schools should explain why this was placed on the back burner.
Whether or not you agree with the latest conflicts we are in, I think most agree it is important to remember those who served and gave their lives to keep this country free.
I would be interested to know why Central High School did not celebrate Veterans Day. When our children were school age, I recall the fine ceremonies they put on, with both the band and choirs performing. I hope the superintendent will take the time to explain this omission.
MICHAEL H. MAGUIRE, Cape Girardeau