- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
'This Is Your Life' host Ralph Edwards dies in Los Angeles at 92
LOS ANGELES -- Ralph Edwards got a small town in New Mexico to change its name to Truth or Consequences, after his big hit 1940 radio show.
He consistently tricked famous people and everyday citizens alike on his popular 1950s show "This Is Your Life."
He made a retired judge famous on the '80s show he produced, "The People's Court."
The broadcasting pioneer will be remembered for many things. He died Wednesday of heart failure at 92.
Bob Barker, whose successful television career as the host of "The Price Is Right" was launched by Edwards hailed Edwards as "one of the finest men I have ever met and a gentleman about whom I have never heard a word of criticism."
Edwards' wife, Barbara, died in 1993 after 53 years of marriage. Their children are a son, Gary, who worked with Edwards; and two daughters, Christine and Laurie.