- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)3
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)6
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
'This Is Your Life' host Ralph Edwards dies in Los Angeles at 92
LOS ANGELES -- Ralph Edwards got a small town in New Mexico to change its name to Truth or Consequences, after his big hit 1940 radio show.
He consistently tricked famous people and everyday citizens alike on his popular 1950s show "This Is Your Life."
He made a retired judge famous on the '80s show he produced, "The People's Court."
The broadcasting pioneer will be remembered for many things. He died Wednesday of heart failure at 92.
Bob Barker, whose successful television career as the host of "The Price Is Right" was launched by Edwards hailed Edwards as "one of the finest men I have ever met and a gentleman about whom I have never heard a word of criticism."
Edwards' wife, Barbara, died in 1993 after 53 years of marriage. Their children are a son, Gary, who worked with Edwards; and two daughters, Christine and Laurie.