- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
'This Is Your Life' host Ralph Edwards dies in Los Angeles at 92
LOS ANGELES -- Ralph Edwards got a small town in New Mexico to change its name to Truth or Consequences, after his big hit 1940 radio show.
He consistently tricked famous people and everyday citizens alike on his popular 1950s show "This Is Your Life."
He made a retired judge famous on the '80s show he produced, "The People's Court."
The broadcasting pioneer will be remembered for many things. He died Wednesday of heart failure at 92.
Bob Barker, whose successful television career as the host of "The Price Is Right" was launched by Edwards hailed Edwards as "one of the finest men I have ever met and a gentleman about whom I have never heard a word of criticism."
Edwards' wife, Barbara, died in 1993 after 53 years of marriage. Their children are a son, Gary, who worked with Edwards; and two daughters, Christine and Laurie.