- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Police: Nurse assistant stole ring from patient's finger (10/27/16)10
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)10
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Cape teacher resigns after accusation of assaulting student at football game (10/26/16)11
'This Is Your Life' host Ralph Edwards dies in Los Angeles at 92
LOS ANGELES -- Ralph Edwards got a small town in New Mexico to change its name to Truth or Consequences, after his big hit 1940 radio show.
He consistently tricked famous people and everyday citizens alike on his popular 1950s show "This Is Your Life."
He made a retired judge famous on the '80s show he produced, "The People's Court."
The broadcasting pioneer will be remembered for many things. He died Wednesday of heart failure at 92.
Bob Barker, whose successful television career as the host of "The Price Is Right" was launched by Edwards hailed Edwards as "one of the finest men I have ever met and a gentleman about whom I have never heard a word of criticism."
Edwards' wife, Barbara, died in 1993 after 53 years of marriage. Their children are a son, Gary, who worked with Edwards; and two daughters, Christine and Laurie.