- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
UNIONTOWN, Mo. -- Erna A. Hopfer, 92, of Uniontown died Monday, Nov. 14, 2005, at Perry County Nursing Home.
She was born May 13, 1913, at Farrar, Mo., daughter of Emmanuel and Anna Newberry Bachmann. She and Elmer A. Hopfer were married Oct. 12, 1935. He died Jan. 12, 1986.
Hopfer was a dietary and nurse aide at Perry County Memorial Hospital in Perryville, Mo. She was a member of Grace Lutheran Church in Uniontown and its Ladies Aid, Lutheran Women's Missionary League, and Altenburg Senior Citizens.
Survivors include two daughters, Marlene Wooster of Huntsville, Texas, Melba Dagy of Shawnee, Okla.; a son, William Hopfer of Jacksonville, Fla.; five grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; six stepgrandchildren; and 12 great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and five sisters.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:30 to 8:15 a.m.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Grace Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Paul Winningham officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.