- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Evelyn Loretta Bond, 81, of Hazelwood, Mo., formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Friday, Nov. 11, 2005, at St. Luke Hospital in Chesterfield, Mo.
She was born on Oct. 6, 1924, in Malden, daughter of Grover and Alice Haggerty Hartle. She and Lt. Col. Army Ret. Roy Frederick Bond were married on Aug. 18, 1946 in Cape Girardeau.
Bond was a member of Red Star Baptist Church, Eastern Star and Ladies Auxiliary of VFW Post 3838 in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include three sons, Brad Bond of St. Louis, Mark Bond of Hazelwood, Mo., and Jack Stevens of Cold Springs, Texas; a daughter, Cindy Crull of Dallas, Texas; a brother, Bill Hartle; a sister, Geneva McKinnis, both of Cape Girardeau; seven grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a brother and a sister.
Friends may call from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Chapel and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral chapel.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Chapel. Burial will be at Fairmount Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.