- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Marble Hill - Mary Ellen Taylor, 87, of Marble Hill, died Saturday, Nov. 12, 2005 at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born on Nov. 3, 1918, in Caruth, Mo., daughter of Edgar and Effie Mae Gargus Allen. She and Eugene J. Taylor were married on Jan. 13, 1945.
Taylor was a bank teller for the Bank of Marble Hill and the Security Bank of Marble Hill. She was a member of the Marble Hill United Methodist Church, the Victory Chapter of the Order of Eastern Star, the Daughters of the American Revolution and the Marble Hill Junior Women's Club.
Survivors include a son, Allen Taylor of Hayti; and a grandchild, Sue Ellen Zellich of Hernando, Miss.
She was preceded in death by her parents and husband.
Friends may call from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. today at the Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home chapel with the Rev. Michael Kelpe officiating. Burial will follow in the Cape County Memorial Park Cemetery.